Error Code 80072FA8

I got a new lumia 800 with O2 received ,sending emails at work, home ok  works ok for a wilde .Now got constantly error 80072fa8  when at work  or other places cannot received or sending emails wifi available coverrage H 2 bars need to received and be able to send email at work .At home with my Wifi it works ??? pls  help thanks

Question Info

Last updated January 7, 2019 Views 8,771 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hello Cathy:

Thank you for posting to the forum.  The error code 80072FA8 is one related to the connection.  I have seen a few things lead to this error.  The most common issue is with the APN settings so we will start there.

• First, please go to your phone and turn off your cellular data connection.  Tap settings > mobile network/cellular > OFF.
  • With the data connection turned off, go to settings > Wi-Fi > find a local Wi-Fi connection and connect.
  • Once you are connected to the Wi-Fi, go to settings > emails + accounts > tap and hold the email you are trying to use > tap the sync option.  If you see the words "attention required" at any point, let us know the details of this error.
  • Check your inbox for new emails and try to send an email from the current location.

If I am mistaken that you are connecting to Wi-Fi at work, you will want to contact your mobile operator and get the proper or alternative APN settings and add them to the phone.  This information is added from settings > network/cellular.  You will find a add APN button at the bottom of the screen.

If you are connecting to a Wi-Fi network at work and the above steps did not help to resolve the issue please try disconnecting from the Wi-Fi network and reconnecting.  There could be an issue with the current Wi-Fi details.

Finally, if this is an email that was manually added to the phone, you may want to remove it and readd it to the phone.  The steps to add an email manually can be found on windowsphone.com here, http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/How-to/wp7/people/set-up-an-email-account.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Mark W.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.