Error 8018830f : The update was downloaded, but couldn't be opened

Hello guys. Because I can't find any way to contact directly ANY support service, I hope I will get assistance through here. I have Lumia 820. When I try to update my phone, then this error message appears : Error 8018830f : The update was downloaded, but couldn't be opened !!! I saw, that people in Norway have the same problem with their operator Telecom, but seems the issue was solved. Also some people in Vietnam have the same problem, but I can't find solution anywhere. My phone is produced for Vietnam but I use it in Bulgaria ( which so far was not a problem for me with any updates ). Please somebody tell me how can I solve this **** situation. Also I am frustrated that I can't contact directly Nokia or Microsoft for this problem. It seems they don't care if somebody experience any problem with their devices... Strange for a company, which is trying to reach the sales of Samsung and iPhone. Thanks in advance.

Question Info

Last updated December 10, 2018 Views 11,790 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Good mornng Karolina,

I do not know if you have anything to do with it, but I already got the AMBER update ! :-) The strange thing is that I didn't do anything but to keep trying to update it. The strange thing is that it asked me to have something like 1,6 GB free space in order to install the update. As I mentioned before, I had 1,3 GB free space, then it was gone with one of my attempts, and yesterday it asked me to free about 300 mb more space. Then there were no problems to install the Amber update. Now the phone is working good. After the update I could delete the temporary files, which I wasn't able to delete and now I have 2,4 GB free space on the phone. Also before to install the update, I got 3 times different errors again : cannot check for updates now, update was downloaded, but couldn't be opened.

Anyway, thank you Karolina for the help. I hope in future I will not experience problem like this.

Regard,

Andrian.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.