Blue screen on windows phone 8.1

Hello

I'm running Lumia 520 with windows phone 8.1. Suddenly today my phone is showing blue screen. I'm totally unable to use my phone. How to fix this?

Thanks

Junaed

|
Answer
Answer

Junaed -

Thank you for posting.

One thing that sometimes works is to do a soft reset, which is done by holding Power and Volume Down for 10-15 seconds.  If that does restart the phone, but it goes back to the blue screen after the Nokia splash screen, then we could try a hard reset using the buttons on the phone.  Here's the steps to do that:

• Make sure your phone is charged (put it on charger to be sure)
  • Press and hold the volume down + power buttons until your phone vibrates and restarts.
  • When the Nokia Logo appears, press the volume down button repeatedly until an exclamation point appears.
  • As soon as the exclamation point appears, press the following buttons one at a time in sequence:
    Volume Up > Volume Down  > Power > Volume  Down

The Nokia logo should  briefly disappear and then come back (if the keys are pressed correctly). The  spinning gears will then return for another 5-15 minutes before your device  comes back with the Welcome screen.

If these steps don't resolve the issue, our last option would be to reinstall the OS on the phone using the Lumia Software Recovery Tool.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/mobile/support/faq/?action=singleTopic&topic=FA142987

Regards,

Kevin J S

Forum Crusader

14 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2021 Views 1,787 Applies to: