Birthdays are always set one day earlier when synced from phone to outlook via Outlook Hotmail Connector, Windows Live Messenger contacts affected when the birthday is corrected.

Okay there are 2 parts to this issue.

First, when I sync the contacts of my phone to outlook using the Outlook Hotmail Connector after setting the birthday of a particular contact on my phone(Let us call him John), the birthday will always appear as one day earlier on my outlook contacts. So if I set it as 5/12/1982, it will appear as 4/12/1982 and so on. This only occurs if the birthday is synced from phone to outlook, and not the other way round. Thus, if I set John's birthday as 5/12/1982 on Outlook, it will appear as 5/12/1982 on my phone.

Secondly, if I correct the birthday on Outlook and sync again, I will appear offline to the contact on Windows Live Messenger. I will then have to go to WLM and choose "Appear online to this person".This is a minor issue, but irritating nonetheless.

|
Answer
Answer

Hi,

After further review and investigation, Microsoft has identified this as a known bug involving a legacy datetime field in the database that Hotmail reads/writes as a client of that data. There are active attempts to determine how to best resolve the issue by the next web release of Hotmail. But until then, please follow the workaround steps to properly sync dates on the phone and in Hotmail:

1. In Hotmail on a PC, find a contact who's birthday is off by one day.

2. Update the contact's birthday.

3. Save the contact.

Personally, I would not use the web version to update the contacts. Instead, I would use Outlook with the Hotmail Connector or Live Mail, which is free from Windows Live Essentials. Both let you view the contacts in list form by birthday:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/windows-live-essentials

I wish I had better news to share, but for now, the workaround is to update the contact in Hotmail.

-Patrick

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 2, 2021 Views 12,741 Applies to: