Announcement: May Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Mobile (brings phone to 10586.318)
We have started rolling out the May cumulative update (10.0.10586.318) for Windows 10 Mobile today.
Key improvements in this release include:
- Reliability, performance and stability improvements.
- Fix for a problem that could result in unexpected battery drain while the phone screen is off.
- Improvements to the update system to prevent phones getting into a state where attempting to take an update may lead to errors 0x800f081f or 0x80070570.
- Fix for a problem that caused some phones to finish the initial setup wizard with an incomplete set of app tiles on the Start screen.
- Improvements to the reliability of USB-C connections.
- Improvements to Cortana, including a fix for a problem where music playback would not resume after dismissing an incoming text, and a problem with Quiet Hours not setting automatic rules for every day.
- Fix for a problem that could result in the phone to hang or restart when visiting certain web pages in Microsoft Edge.
- Fix for a problem that caused recorded video to be lost when answering an incoming call on some phones.
- Improvements for reliability of internet connection sharing (ICS) and tethering.
- Fix for a problem that caused the navigation bar to overlay and hide part of the screen for some apps on certain phones.
To read more about the new features included in Windows 10 Mobile, see What's New in Windows 10 Mobile.
Windows 10 is updating continuously, so make sure you follow all the update notifications that appear on your phone. To check for updates, you can also tap Settings > Update & security > Phone update > Check for updates. For detailed update instructions, see.
Please ensure to continue providing feedback on your experiences with Windows 10 Mobile by using the Windows Feedback app located in the App List, and by posting discussions and questions in this Answers Community. Your feedback continues to help us identify and prioritize future product improvements!