Ever since purchasing a Lumia 900, I noticed that certain sites would take an extremely long time to resolve/load on my windows phone device. I upgraded to the Lumia 920 and am now using the 1020 and have tried three different routers over the same time period (D-Link DIR655, Linksys EA4500, Netgear R6300, and am currently using the Netgear R7000).
- My network configuration is a 2Wire 3800HGV-B provided by my ISP (AT&T U-verse), and my Netgear R7000 sits behind the gateway in DMZ
- The sites/services most affected are Facebook, YouTube, and Wikipedia and only occurred when the phone was connected to my Wi-Fi network
- iPhone and Android devices never exhibited the same issue on my network
- I recently realized that the issue only occurs when IPV6 is enabled on my router
- I don't think my ISP officially supports IPV6 and I'm pretty sure the 2Wire gateway doesn't either
- I think I can request a new gateway that does support IPV6 but I'm not 100% sure it will fix the problem
My question: why do only WP8 devices exhibit the slow address resolution/loading for certain websites and services on my network while IPV6 is enabled? Is there any way to fix this or will I be forced to keep IPV6 disabled.