Mobile data connection problem in Nokia lumia 630 Double Sim

Hi,

I tried changing the sim  for the data connection from the first sim to second sim, while switching to the second sim, the second sim gets disactivated and asks for the sim code to activate it. When the sim code is entered it does not accept even though the code entered is correct and gives a error message.Could you verify this problem and let me know how to fix the problem.

thanks,

Robert

Question Info

Last updated May 23, 2018 Views 356 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi Robert

Thank you for posting again.

The problem you're describing seems to be specific to your particular unit.

I wonder if you could switch the two sim cards places, would it make any difference.

Insert SIM1 into tray 2 and SIM2 into tray 1.

I would also like to ask you if the phone ever worked properly in connection with the sim cards in question.

Another thing you could try is to inroduce a 3rd sim card to see if the problem still occures and if not

The next step I would recommend, as a way of elimination of any software/apps related reason for the issue would be to backup your phone before proceeding with hard reset.

Here's information about backing up:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/how-to/wp8/settings-and-personalization/back-up-my-stuff

and here about performing hard reset:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/how-to/wp8/settings-and-personalization/reset-my-phone

Please be aware of the fact that hard reset will clear all content of the phone that is not backed up.

If the problem's still there after hard reset I recommend to try replacing the problematic sim card with

new one with your mobile operator (ask them to issue duplicate).

In case that doing so, still doesn't solve the issue ,

It most likely going to be the case of replacing your phone.

Please let us know on the progress

Thank you

Marek St.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.