How can I sync Internet Explorer 11 Favorites saved on Win10 PC with my Windows 8.1 phone?

* Original Title: How do I get the list of IE FAVs to sync with my new Smartphone's FAVs?

* (Lumia 600 series)

I got my first Smartphone a few weeks ago and I set it up. It is a Windows 8.1 phone. But I've noticed that even though my list of IE Favorites is in there, the ones that I've added since the day that I set up the new phone aren't synced in.
I read somewhere that only happens if you're using IE-10 on your PC that also has Outlook.com in it since the FAVs are stored in a Folder in MY DOCS. Well my PC gets automatic updates from Windows Update and it has IE-11 on it.

Can I uninstall IE-11 somehow and then install IE-10 from a download somewhere and then set Windows Update to ignore ever updating IE, at least for now, until they fix this bad deal for US users?
I'm a lifelong supporter of Microsoft/Windows stuff and others have said in many places to switch browsers so that your FAVs can sync into your Smartphone. That's not really what I want to do.
In trying to do this myself, I can't find any places in my Control Panel's ADD/REMOVE to uninstall IE-11.

|

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Help please someone? I'm no REGEDIT guy so I don't want to try what this site says even though I have done a few REGEDITs before but I've sworn myself not to do them anymore so that I don't cause a mess. But nobody has been jumping in and this site suggests a REGEDIT: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/synchronize-internet-explorer-favorites-onedrive
* I really appreciate any personal help I'm given. I get lost sometimes if I'm just given a website to learn on my own. I always try to give info I think might be important so sorry if I say too much.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I've been trying to avoid doing a REGEDIT but I just did one today on another Question and it got my NUMLK key to stay depressed and usable at every Windows login which I'd been fighting for months and had even set it to be depressed in my BIOS.

So maybe it is time for me to play with my Registry on this Question? I need my IE Favorites on my Windows 10 pc to both be able to be backed up, which they aren't, and for them to sync into my Windows smartphone.

As I said in the last Reply, I'd sure like some more direct Insider help on this before I need to resort to a REGEDIT.

* I really appreciate any personal help I'm given. I get lost sometimes if I'm just given a website to learn on my own. I always try to give info I think might be important so sorry if I say too much.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm still struggling to fix it so that my Windows 8.1 phone sync the IE Favorites with my Windows 10 pc and IE-11. I have a hard time finding where you were trying to send me since typing Windows key + C just brings up this small Cortana box

and then typing in settings brings up that same screen that I showed in my last Reply on December 3rd. I've never heard back for some reason.

So in trying to solve this mess on my own, I just typed something like change my settings one drive into the normal Cortana Ask me anything box and she popped something that I clicked on in My Stuff that showed this and it says that already have Internet Explorer set to sync. I can't even seem to remember or figure out what I actually typed. I sure wish I could remember. It was only a few minutes ago and I'm a sober somewhat tech savvy person but I've got so many tech messes going on that my mind is a mess. Here's what I saw. Luckily I at least took a PrintScreen of it even though I can't seem remember how to get back to it.

I had just tested this deal before I came back to this Question by saving a FAV on my computer to both the FAV BAR and also just in the basic Favorites folder. Then, after waiting a while, I went to IE on my phone and went to Favorites and hit the Folders icon so it would display everything and I see all of the same things that are in my computer's Favorites in the exact same order but down at the bottom of the list where this new one is shown on my computer, it isn't there on my phone.

Does it not sync immediately perhaps?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How do i access my Favorites sync'd to the Microsoft cloud that's configured here?  edge://settings/profiles/sync

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 3, 2021 Views 15,892 Applies to: