Windows 10 Mobile Lumia 950 XL Quiet Hours Breakthrough List problems

RE: Quiet Hours Breakthrough List

This List sometimes DISAPPEARS (loses) important Contact Info suddenly, without any apparent reason.

e.g. My Mom's in the nursing home. I put the nursing home onto the Breakthrough List, as I must be able to receive phone calls from them 24/7. Sometimes I check the Breakthrough List, to be certain it's OK, only to find that the nursing home listing that I KNOW I added has disappeared!

This is VERY BAD, & needs to be FIXED IMMEDIATELY.

Thank you.

|
Answer
Answer

Hello people.

Finally I think I have found the way to fix the problem with the break-through list.

I had around 10 contacts in this list and some of them were kept OK and some of them were persistently removed!

So what was the difference between those kept and those removed? Very hard to reach a definite conclusion!

So I  decided to make an experiment (very patiently, over a few days to see what happens) by deleting contacts and adding them back again in my MS account (the ones that were persistently removed that is)!!!

I used the below scenarios:

1. Deleted a contact and added it again directly on my phone (using the native People app).

2. Deleted a contact and added it again directly on my phone (using the native People app) and then edited it via MS Outlook 2013.

3. Deleted a contact and added it via MS Outlook 2013.

It goes without saying that both my phone and MS Outlook 2013 are both connected to my MS account.

To be honest I did not try to experiment with deleting and adding a contact using the web People application offered via the MS account.

Anyway, the result of the above experiment was that all affected contacts were finally kept in the break-through list after deleting them and adding them back using any of the above 3 scenarios.

It has been a few days since my last change and no contact was miraculously removed from my break-through list!

You can try it as well and lets hope that it will work for you as well!

Good luck to all!

14 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Submit issue through feedback app on your phone. In the meantime, try resetting Cortana(settings>privacy>speech, inking & typing>Stop getting to know me).
If my reply is helpful, please mark it so.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 25, 2020 Views 2,139 Applies to: