Lumia 950 Wireless Charging not working satisfied

I and many other users of Lumia 950 do experience that the Wireless Charging is not working very well.

I am familiar with the supported chargers from this list:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/mobile/support/product/lumia950/faq/?action=singleTopic&topic=FA144638

I am having:

DT-900 (Supported - Works OK)

DT-910 (Not supported - Not stabil - keeps starting and stopping charging. Often stops charging at 80%)

CR-201 (Not supported - not stabil - keeps starting and stopping charging

I believe these issues are related to the OS. And why's that? The CR-201 did give me big problems with my Lumia 830. I had to place it in holder from 1-5 times before it started charging. But suddenly with Windows Mobile 10 version 10.0.10586.29, it suddenly work perfectly.  Other users have reported the same. So Microsoft did changes something within that particular version of Windows 10 Mobile.

I would then like to hear what Microsoft is doing to make other charges working with the Lumia 950. As a Faithfull customer, it is not satisfying to see chargers for no obviously reason no longer work with a new flagship phone. At least i would like to get a techinal explanation.

I wondered it was just me having problems. Ive got a lumia 950 XL and 3 official Nokia Qi chargers. One of them is white table top one which struggles to charge, one is the upright one which cant charge at all because of the size of the phone, and the last one is the dt-903 in green which i bought for use with my new phone. None of them are any good. Is this a hardware or software problem?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Same here... DT-903 (still Nokia badged) with Lumia 950 XL... sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Bluetooth connectivity to the charger works for some seconds but then disconnects itself. Gonna stick to cables.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I got my 950 XL charging fine on my DT-903 (Nokia) only with the phones top pointing to the cable side of the DT-903 and using a strong power supply (Anker 24W 2-Port USB).

With all the power supplies I had lying around or the phone pointing in a different direction it kept starting and stopping charging with a disturbing sound.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for your insight! I eventually sold the phone for other reasons, but I confirm that the strenght of the power supply certainly plays a role in the efficiency of wireless charging with the Lumia 950 XL/DT-903 combo.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 25, 2021 Views 1,244 Applies to: