Lumia 950 Wifi connection issues

MY Lumia 950 will not keep or reacquire Wifi signals. It will randomly drop the wifi connection and I have to reboot the phone in order for it to reacquire.  If I try to just manually connect to the wifi it will just continue to search and not find anything. Once I reboot the phone it will connect with no problem.  Also, when I return from being away from the wifi signal it will not usually reconnect.  I need to reboot the device.  I am chewing through my data plan because the phone is not finding and connecting to wifi regularly.  I have had to reboot already once this morning in order to stay connected to wifi.

I would really like a solution.  I have rebooted my router, but also have noticed it not finding wifi when I have been elsewhere.

Question Info

Last updated April 9, 2019 Views 23,234 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

That sounds promising for you users of the L950 series! Good luck!

Unfortunately, it took less than 5 hours on my L650 after installing the .318 update until my WiFi connection got lost again, and I had to restart the phone. Definitely no improvement of the situation!

Please keep us informed!

My only tip is disable N network and let access point to work with b/g protocol. Work for me to keep connection stable .but with the low throughput issue.

Red5
Windows 10 Pro (1803)
Italy NW

33 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.