Error Code 800C0000

Have tried several times to set up my email account on my Nokia Lumia 800, keep getting error code 800C0000. have checked all settings entered they are correct. Help

Question Info

Last updated October 18, 2018 Views 6,707 Applies to:
Answer

Hello Kathy:

Thank you for the follow up.  We are very happy to hear your account is again working as it should.  If you notice anything else going sideways, you know where to find us.

Mark W.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

Hello KathyJolly:

Thank you for posting to the forum regarding the email sync issue you have experienced.  I do not believe this issue is directly related to the email being associated with your own domain.  I have worked with many customers that use these types of emails without issue. 

There seems to be an issue with the account itself of the account details entered in the phone.  There are a couple of things I might suggest you try.  Detail for us if any progress is made or if you receive a different error when trying the following:

• Check the inbox associated with this account.  Look for any large emails and specifically those with attachments.  Try moving these from the inbox to another folder or deleting them all together.  Once you have done this, please try syncing the account again.
  • Next, try adding the account to the phone from scratch one more time.  Use this as a guide, http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/How-to/wp7/people/set-up-an-email-account.  We would also suggest you try adding the account as both an IMAP account and a POP3. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mark W.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.