Email sync no longer working - error code 800C0000

I bought my Samsung Focus with Win Mobile 7 two weeks ago and my AOL email sync worked fine until yesterday, when I received an error message "800C0000" instructing to check my account information or connection. I have checked and rechecked, deleted the account and started from scratch, but cannot re-establish sync to my primary AOL email. A second AOL email account and Hotmail continue to be recieved without problem. I cannot find any solution on Windows, AT&T Samsung or AOL support. Can anyone help?
Answer
Answer

I had the same problem. It occurred shortly after I revised some account information with aol. I found that my imap.aol.com and smtp.aol.com port settings on my phone did not match those on my aol email account, so I changed them to so they did. This seemed to fix the problem. I have no idea why because I know next to nothing about these matters. It could be the issue resolved some other way, for all I know. Maybe this will help you. Good luck.

13 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
I changed my set up to download content to "anytime" from the " past two weeks." My email is now syncing. Go figure.

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2020 Views 20,661 Applies to: