HDMI Audio via Continuum

Recently picked up the Lumia 950 XL and just got my Display Dock.  I had hopes of using Continuum to link my phone into my home theater system to use Groove or the Movies/TV app to play media, but when trying it was disappointed to find that the audio only seems to come from the phone.  I realize that one solution is to get a converter for the top audio-jack output, but I'd really prefer to be able to utilize HDMI surround sound audio.

Anyone have any thoughts of whether this is possible or had any success running audio through their Display Dock?

Question Info

Last updated September 12, 2019 Views 5,007 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Here is the answer from Display Dock support FAQs...

"Do both HDMI and DisplayPort outputs also support audio?

Yes, both HDMI and DisplayPort support audio. This feature depends not only on the capabilities of your monitor or TV, but also on the resolution of the video you’re viewing.

For example, if your monitor supports CEA resolutions, then you would typically get a 1080p (Full HD, 1920 x 1080) video with audio.

However, if your monitor only supports VESA resolutions, then you can use resolutions up to 1200p (WUXGA, 1920 x 1200) but without audio. The reason being is that the VESA standards do not support audio."

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/mobile/support/product/hd-500/faq/?action=singleTopic&topic=FA144599&category=

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.