Lumia 640 XL - Video recording not working .

i own a Lumia 640 xl . I bought it last august . I don't use the video recording function on my Lumia camera app that much . Recently when i tried to shoot a video nothing happened  and nothing is saved in the gallery . So i tried restarting the phone , that did't work either. If i press hold the the button on screen in the Lumia camera app its supposed to record the video , but all that happens is that the recorded time increases but the screen will be frozen {no real time view is what i mean} and when i take my finger off the button , the screen will go back to normal . but the video wont be recorded . If try rercording the proper way by pressing the video camera icon in the app and press the record button , this time it will show what the camera is pointing at but the recorded time will be 00:00  and wont save.  

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, this issue with the camera  has been solved . I updated my phone to Windows 10 , after that all the apps automatically updated including the lumia camera app and this solved the issue for me. Camera is working fine now . I used the Windows Insider app to update the phone .

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2020 Views 605 Applies to: