How to submit a podcast to the store?

Hi, what is the procedure for submitting a podcast RSS so it will be listed in the Store for Windows 8?

Is Rob Greenlee still available for this?

A few years ago I contacted him via the Zune desktop client, submitted a couple podcasts to him, and he got them listed in the Zune Marketplace.

Thanks!

Tom

Question Info

Last updated January 16, 2019 Views 4,787 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

I recently submitted a podcast by emailing podcast at microsoft dot com, and this is what I got back which I thought was helpful information as I have 8.1:

Your podcast has been added to the Windows Phone 7, 8 and Zune catalogs and should be live within 24 hours.  Please see below for Windows Phone 8.1 information.

Please note: Podcasts on Windows Phone 8.1 are exclusively available via a dedicated Podcast app, rather than the Marketplace as in previous versions.

Finding your Podcast on Windows Phone 8.1 Devices

Windows Phone 8.1 finds new podcasts on the web. Users can take advantage of Bing webmaster tools described below, or simply wait for Bing to index. These steps are not required, but can offer a richer experience.

Windows Phone 8.1 uses a Bing enabled web search mechanism to locate podcasts.  To improve the search results of your podcast, please add "podcast" to your keywords tag within the podcast RSS feed.  Podcasts can also be located by entering the RSS feed directly in the search window.

You can tell Bing about your show by using Bing Webmaster Tools. In return, Bing Webmaster Tools tells you about how you are performing in Bing and Bing-powered search (Including Yahoo!), and keeps you up to date about issues we see on your site.

To inform us about Sitemaps or RSS feeds, including those containing podcasts, use the following procedure:

1. 1.       If you haven’t done so already, sign up with Bing Webmaster Tools
  2. 2.       Add the Site that hosts the Podcast RSS/feed and verify ownership of the site
  3. 3.       Use the Submit Sitemap tool and submit the full URL of the RSS feed containing the links to your podcasts.

Within a few hours you will see whether Bing successfully downloaded your Sitemap or feed so that it can be indexed.

Regards,

Whitney

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Sending mail to [Podcasts at microsoft.com] is still the correct submittal process. More info lives on xbox support at: http://support.xbox.com/xbox-on-other-devices/windows-phone-7/subscribing-to-and-playing-podcasts

Whitney, (Rob's replacement)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.