Sometimes, when trying to move music to a Windows Phone device, you might receive a message from your Windows-based computer that the MTP USB Device is not installed correctly. If this describes you, then this Wiki is for you!
- Download MPT (Media Transfer Protocol) Porting Kit from Microsoft's official website.
- Install it to your computer.
- Reboot your computer.
- Reconnect your mobile phone to your computer by using the USB cable.
- Go to Device Manager, under Portable Devices, right-click on MTP USB Device, and then click on Update Driver Software to update the MTP USB device driver.
- Select “Let me pick from a List of device drivers on your computer”. The list will show installed driver software compatible with the device.
- Select the driver you want to install and then click “Next”. Reconnect your mobile phone to your computer.