The Groove Music Mobile App stops playing music

Howdy,

I've been using the Groove Music App on my Windows 10 phone (550), and it stops playing after a few tracks when I physically have headphones plugged in, but it is perfectly fine when I connect with Bluetooth headphones.

I have to then turn on the screen, roll the track back and then select the next track. It'll only seem to work for 2 or 3 tracks before I have to repeat the process.

The weird things are that it doesn't happen if I connect Bluetooth headphones, or, if I'm selecting music within a single artist or album, it only seems to affect me when I play all or shuffle all.

Any thoughts or advice?

I recently received an update to the app (I think, can't remember, perception of time is not my strong suit) and the problem is still there

Question Info

Last updated August 5, 2018 Views 261 Applies to:
I have heard many people facing issues with Groove lately. File a report via feedback app and upvote the other ones.
Tinkering with mobile insider builds.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, seanmurrayUK. Let us try isolating this case. Have you tried using different compatible wired headsets to confirm if the issue is due to the connection of the headphones to the Lumia 550? Aside from updating the Groove app, have you also tried checking if there's an update available for the phone's software? BTW, have you also used other music players to play the songs in shuffle? This could help us confirm if the issue only happens with Groove. 

We'll wait for your feedback. BTW, Stranger_hanyou 's suggestion would also be of great help so that your concern about the Groove app would be voiced out directly to our app development team. :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.