SYNC app for Windows Phone

I just purchase a new 2015 Ford Escape which has SYNC powered by Microsoft for all the voice control commands.  When I visit SyncMyRide.com surprisingly only Andriod and iPhone have a SYNC app.  Are you kidding me Windows!! You can't even create an app for your own product?  You want people to buy your phones but only your competitors get the support by all other products.  Even the ones that you power!  Your phones have been out for however long now and I keep hearing that these apps will appear any day now.  Doesn't seem very promising.  

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

Microsoft created software to Ford specifications, just like any other part on your car. They could not put anything they wanted into the software.
Lumia 1520.3 Surface RT

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Ford product, Ford's specification. Complaints should be directed at Ford.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You're absolutely right.  I realize my post was pretty specific on this issue with the Ford app not being available for Windows.  It makes sense that they only supplied them the hardware.  Really it comes down to NO one making apps for Windows.  My aggravation should go towards the millions of companies that choose to have apps only available for Android and iPhone.  But why is that??  Is it just that not enough people carry Windows phones?  Is it just to expensive to write the application?   Why can't Windows do anything to fix this issue?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated February 12, 2020 Views 449 Applies to: