Pulsating sound using headphones on Lumia 650 and Windows 10

Hi all,

recently I replaced my Lumia 640 (using Windows 10 Insider) by a 650 running native Windows 10 (10586.318).

I do have Bose in-ear headphones (MIE2i) for quite some time and never had any issues with them. Using them on the 650 I can hear a pulsating sound in the background (even without any music playing). Using Groove gives the same experience: the music goes on and off and on and off every second. Killing Groove sometimes helps which seem to indicate a software problem somewhere. Using the headphones to place a call is impossible.

The headphones still work ok on an iPod, the Lumia 640 or any other device. Also, other headphones work ok on the 650. The headphones are not having active noise cancellation. So, whats wrong with that combination ? They weren't cheap and do have a great sound, so I really don't want to swap them. Having walked through lots of Insider preview builds on the 640 I never experienced something like this.

Thanks

Thorsten

|
Answer
Answer

Hi ThoSch22,

We're here for you! Have you tried updating the software to the latest? It was only released on June 14, 2016. Visit the link for more info about the latest software update:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12387/windows-10-update-history.

If software update wouldn't resolve the issue, let us try other troubleshooting steps.

Sincerely,

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2020 Views 756 Applies to: