Find my phone is not updating the location when I click refresh.

When clicking refresh on the find my phone page it prompts me for my phone number and I check the box to agree to the terms and click done.  It does not refresh the location of my phone.  The location is still saying that it is from July 5th.  I have lost my phone is there I can do to fix this or is there another service I can use to locate the phone.  My provider said they will not disclose the location because it violates user privacy laws.
|
Answer
Answer

Hi Lindsey Ath,

Thanks for posting.

I understand that you are not able to see the latest location on the phone when using Find My Phone on the windowsphone.com, even after refreshing nothing is changing.

Did you used this service before on your phone?, as this might be due to the settings on your phone.

To use this service you would need to have your phone set up with the Find My Phone, please have a look at the site below;

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp8/basics/find-a-lost-phone

...both options under "To change settings for Find My Phone" must be selected on your phone.

Are you able to use other functions like "lock your phone and show a message" or "erase your phone"

Kind Regards,

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 14, 2021 Views 2,131 Applies to: