Error code 8000ffff on app downloads after restore

I had to restore my Lumia 920 because of text message app constantly crashing, now my phone is having trouble restoring my apps. The won't download and on the download list they all say "Attention required. Tap here." When I tap on the download, it gives me an Error code:: 8000ffff and tells me to try again later, but this error never goes away and it won't let me delete the download and try to download the apps manually myself. What can I do???

Question Info

Last updated March 11, 2018 Views 14,205 Applies to:
Answer

I had a similar issue, except I had three stalled downloads, each indicating "Attention required. Tap here." with an error code of 8000ffff.  Also, the application icon was blank -- i.e., dark grey.  Tapping on any one of the three downloading progress messages took me to a screen offering a choice of "Retry" or "Close."  Close simply returned to the previous screen.  Retry also returned to the previous screen, but the status message momentarily changed to "Pending", then back to "Attention required. Tap here."

Attempting a soft reset accomplishes nothing except causing the Store app to display the number "3" on its live tile.  However, after playing around a bit, I discovered that if you hold your finger on the "Downloading application" progress message instead of tapping it, a pop-up dialog will appear offering a "Retry" or "Cancel download" option.  Tapping Cancel successfully canceled the corresponding download.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.