Windows 10 Mobile Outlook Mail & Calendar App Crashes

I have Outlook mail 17.8827.21856.0 installed and connected to my personal hotmail and work Office 365 accounts.  Since this update was installed, outlook crashes on my windows phone.  I cannot remove these accounts either because that triggers the crash.  I have tried soft reset, battery removal, windows update and windows store updates.  None of these solutions work.  Other than a hard reset, are there any solutions?  The last hard reset put my phone back to Windows 8 and took over a week to get all the updates downloaded and installed.

Question Info

Last updated June 23, 2019 Views 1,783 Applies to:

Hello Brooklyn,

Based on the information you provided, we believe the best thing to do now is sending a feedback with this concern with the help of Feedback Hub app available from the app list. This is one of the ways we ask people to let us know what we can do to improve their experience. Surely, this will reach our developers and engineers, and confidently a solution will be included in upcoming updates.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

11 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Same issue, same symptoms.

Crash city.

Thanks Microsoft.

7 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Same issue. Don't we have any fix as yet? This has become quite frustrating now.

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

There is no good solution.

Microsoft provided no support.  After waiting a month for the next Windows Update, with no fix, I bit the bullet and reset Windows 10 on the phone and reinstalled all my apps.  Outlook finally started working.  This wasted a day and I still waited nearly two months for my text messages and contacts to finally restore.  As much as I preferred the Window Mobile OS, I have had to reset Windows 10 twice in 4 months (5x during the overall life of the phone since upgrading from 8.1) due to issues like this.

At this point, the software and hardware are not working well, to the extent that a daily shutdown/restart is required to get acceptable performance from the phone.  I would understand if this was an issue with new apps for a 35 month old phone, but for apps built into the phone, this is very discouraging.

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

There is no good solution.

Microsoft provided no support.  After waiting a month for the next Windows Update, with no fix, I bit the bullet and reset Windows 10 on the phone and reinstalled all my apps.  Outlook finally started working.  This wasted a day and I still waited nearly two months for my text messages and contacts to finally restore.  As much as I preferred the Window Mobile OS, I have had to reset Windows 10 twice in 4 months (5x during the overall life of the phone since upgrading from 8.1) due to issues like this.

At this point, the software and hardware are not working well, to the extent that a daily shutdown/restart is required to get acceptable performance from the phone.  I would understand if this was an issue with new apps for a 35 month old phone, but for apps built into the phone, this is very discouraging.

The same situation - crashes every time I want to open it! Cannot read any message there. And after resetting the phone and spending whole day to restore all in it, crashes like before won`t open at all any message! I am sorry, is this a way to force people who remained using Win 10 mobile to abandon eventually their phones and this OS?! Maybe I don`t want/like to switch to android as everybody else! Why I must now try to find a 3-nd party app (few that still remained with support for this OS) to read my mails when I cannot use the phone`s native email client? My outlook mail version is 16006.10325.20091.0 Microsoft Lumia 650. Where did you find version 17.88...??? And there is not any update for this until now. The support is misery, non-existent!

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I had the same issue and resolved it with the help of Windows Device Recovery Tool (https://support.microsoft.com/nl-be/help/12379/windows-10-mobile-device-recovery-tool-faq)

The tool will execute a complete reinstall, and then you will need to run all the updates to the most recent build. Having a phone backup on OneDrive is surely helpful to automatically restore most of your personal setting, although some (like custom ringtones) may require manual work.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Just happened to me to. I made a fresh post before I found this one. A hard reset would be a serious pain and it looks like it may not even work. Waiting on a fix may never happen. Gees.

Maybe I'll get a response. Yeah right. Anyway, this is my fresh "question" - post

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mobiledevices/forum/mdlumia-mdupdate-mdlumia600/windows-10-mobile-outlook-crashes-on-mail-open/94f2b984-b7ae-4539-8538-e20e378c3d75

Sorry this didn't help.

Following temporary workaround has been reported as working:

Enable Rotation. Open Mail just the Inbox, turn to landscape. 

If you use Text Scale it must be at min. 125 percent (Settings/System/Display)

Source:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mobiledevices/forum/mdlumia-mdupdate-mdlumia600/outlook-mail-crash-on-lumia-650/c50bf22a-fca7-4574-a868-ca6716bc331b

----------------------------------------------------------------
"Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic."

6 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Great. The temporary workaround works. I pity the poor folks who have battled it with hard resets and more. And those living with it. Wish there was a way to spread the word. Thanks.

I’ll mark it fixed on my post, even though it is not. A response with a workaround counts in my book.

Wow. Not sure what a Volunteer Moderator is but I’m hoping that means it will be resolved eventually.

Sorry this didn't help.

Great. The temporary workaround works. I pity the poor folks who have battled it with hard resets and more. And those living with it. Wish there was a way to spread the word. Thanks.

I’ll mark it fixed on my post, even though it is not. A response with a workaround counts in my book.

Wow. Not sure what a Volunteer Moderator is but I’m hoping that means it will be resolved eventually.

No, it`s not fixed. Now started my Outlook mail to crash too again but instead not and gmail account there too! I expect an official answer after all this fuss

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.