PDF files will no longer open on Windows Phone - Can't Open on EDGE

I've researched, cleared caches, and downloaded other PDF readers from the store to no luck ...

Since fixing a MAPS error with a Hard Reset, I've found that I can't open PDFs on my phone anymore. With Windows 10 on my Lumia 650 phone, the default/only way to see PDFs were (add still are) through EDGE. 

When I click the file, whether it's on- or off-line, it would appear to proceed and open how it use to but end up saying: 

Here is the converted link from an offline PDF file that accompanies the Message above (..the same prefix appears with online PDF files):

ms-appx-web:///assets/errorpages/ErrorPages.html?error=100000#file:///C:/Data/USERS/Public/Documents/EM_2018_schedule.pdf

When I email this and other PDFs to myself or click on PDFs online and open them on my PC, I'm able to see the file through EDGE without problems/error/issue.

Moved from: Microsoft Edge/ PDF, EPUB, and reading/ Windows 10

Question Info

Last updated October 12, 2019 Views 13,708 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Check for updates!!!

patch tuesday build 15254.313  is available.

This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:

This build includes all the improvements from KB4088782.
Addresses issue in which PDFs cannot be rendered in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 Phones.

22 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.