Error 805a0193 on WP8.1 devices when downloading/updating apps from the Store - NOW RESOLVED

I recently bought a Nokia Lumina 640 because i want to get some windows phone games for achievents. The first thing i try and download gives me this error.

I have searched and searched and i cant find a definitive answer on what the issue is and how to resolve it. It seems to be some error with my network, but what error? Is it a port thing? What ports does it need?

I did the steps the microsoft website suggests, which were to: manually change my time, manually sync my email, make sure to update my microsoft account, and finally, to reset my phone. None of that worked so i am looking for real answers.

Answer
Answer
This error usually comes up when there is a problem with the store on the Microsoft side. Usually the problem is resolved in a few days, please do not do anything with your phone, router or any other piece of equipment, no resets or reinstallations will make any difference and you may lose apps which are no longer available in the store. The solution can come only from MS and the only thing you can do is wait, no matter how frustrating it is.
----------------------------------------------------------------
"Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic."

288 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 6, 2020 Views 30,465 Applies to: