I can no longer access One Drive on my Lumia 930

My Lumia 930 runs Windows 8.1 (and cannot be upgraded to Windows 10 apparently) and I can't access my One Drive files anymore.  The message is 'You don't have permission to download this file. For help try contacting the person who manages this site'  Can anyone help please?  My Windows phone is useless to me if I can no longer access my files and sync to One Drive documents! 

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Can you open your OneDrive from PC and access all your files normally?

Also, why cant you update your phone to Windows 10? It is a supported device and will get the update. Download the upgrade advisor app, open it, follow the steps and you'll get the update.
If my reply is helpful, please mark it so.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for replying.  Yes, all files absolutely fine on PC, so clearly a phone problem.  Also, I have downloaded the upgrade advisor app, but on running it it advises that my handset cannot be currently updated to Windows 10 -possibly it is too old a model as I have had the handset for 3 years or more.  Doing more reading it appears that others are having this problem and it seems this is all on handsets that haven't been (or as in my case, can't be) upgraded to Windows 10.  I will wait to see if this is a temporary issue, but if not it seems Microsoft have basically made certain handsets unusable with your own documents overnight!

Sorry this didn't help.

You can get the update if upgrade advisor is not working for you. Just follow these steps,

1. Download the Windows Insider app from store.

2. Open the app and sign-in using your MS account. You'll be greeted with a page full of warnings and other stuff(read it once though), move on.

3. You'll get an option to choose Insider Rings to get Insider preview builds for your phone. Use this link to know more about them.

4. Now that you have understood about the different insider rings, click on 'Production Ring'. The device should reboot(if it does not, do  a soft reset yourself) and check for updates by going to settings>phone update.

5. If you still don't get the update, repeat the above step but select the 'Release Preview Ring' instead. The device should reboot(if it does not, do  a soft reset yourself) and check for updates by going to settings>phone update.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you so much for the detailed instructions - I thought it might work for a while there! Basically, the Windows Insider app just goes round in circles, either saying I may not be registered (which I am and if I go to the web page it recognises I am registered and logged in) or says 'no builds' and again asks me to register or use an alternative log in, which just gets me logging in with my MS account again. I also tried deleting stuff in case storage/space was an issue as phone was pretty full. Also tried uninstalling app and starting from scratch, but nothing I try gets me any further unfortunately, so I cannot get to the stage of selecting Rings - or into the app at all now. No idea what else to try as according to Windows Insider info page a Lumia 930 should work, it was on the previous latest software update, I've cleared storage space, etc, etc. I think i may have to admit defeat at the moment after spending about 3 hours with no results, but I really appreciated your advice.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey, thought I was just unfortunate to have this happen to me but apparently, it might be something related to the online Office App/OneDrive authentication service?  

The OneDrive app works just fine, it's the Office one giving trouble opening cloud files or navigating through the OneDrive locals.  

"Upgrading" to W10M is out of the question for now, so if anyone could come up with a solution I'd be forever grateful to you. Already tried reinstalling OneDrive, no bueno, also tried re-signing in in the OneDrive app, nothing. Can't really try that on the Office app because it's integrated into the system and we can't re-sign in the main account.

Sorry this didn't help.

Open Settings>Accounts and re-sync your MS account again. Also go to your Outlook app and sync your mail accounts. If that doesn't help, check if your time, date, region and language settings are set correctly(all are set in the same regional settings). 

Sorry this didn't help.

Open Settings>Accounts and re-sync your MS account again. Also go to your Outlook app and sync your mail accounts. If that doesn't help, check if your time, date, region and language settings are set correctly(all are set in the same regional settings). 

Thanks for the reply but I've been there, done that. No good :( .  

Everything seems to be working and syncing just fine, just Office <-> OneDrive integration that seems completely off.  

If I download the files with the OneDrive app and then open them locally using Office, they're fine, the issues really is opening them on the cloud and real-time sync'ing them.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have tried all of the above too without success. I think this shows there is a wider problem, and it seems those of us without Windows 10 mobile may not be able to carrying using our phones as we want to. I hope there is a fix soon or I'll have no choice but to get a new handset - and that really makes me angry!

Sorry this didn't help.

I have exactly the same problem, it stuck a few days ago without any obvious reason. I may add that this Onedrive problem concerns only Office related files: doc, onenote, etc. Pdf and jpg files download and open flawlessly. Office-related files produce "you don't have permission to download..." error message. (syncing and opening of the same files works flawlessly between laptops and ipad )

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, I hadn't specifically noticed this before as the files I use daily ( or did until 2 days ago!) are Word and Excel documents. I still can't open jpegs or PDFs if I go into One Drive through the Office app (that I've always had pinned to my start screen, so always use) but they WILL open if you access One Drive separately. Excel, etc still says 'you don't have permission' though - and these are the files I need to use, but seems there is currently no way to do so 😣

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2020 Views 711 Applies to: