Problem wifi Nokia E70

hi.
i have a problem with my new Nokia E70. I've set up an Access Point throw my Wifi network. I've a Netgear DG834PN router.
Signal is excellent, but it isn't the problem, beacause my LAN works perfectly with my laptop and desktop.
USing internet with E70 browser, the phone connect to the WLAN, it begins to download web page, but during downloading it stops working...sometimes it never begin downloading..sometimes it works for 1 page completely, but when i try to click on a link, it stops. I think my WLAN network card in the phone can't stay connected to my router ..why? Sometimes it works..sometimes no...
it may be a software bug..or a phisical problem of my wlan card.
Can you help me? Is there a firmware update for my phone that can solve this problem? It is impossible to work with this phone...
my firmware version is
30-05-06
RM-10
Nokia E70

thanks to all..and sorry for my poor english..im italian.
nobody can help me? ;-(

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I can't help you but for what it is worth I have the same problem with an Apple Airport Extreme although it isn't as bad as you describe it. I just lose the connection once in a while when I am browsing. I suspect this is a bug. You should try the phone out at various HotSpots or Internet Café's to see if is limited to your WLAN access point or if the problem is less severe with other access points than your Netgear router.

P.S. How did you get the firmware version? I had to punch is a special code (*#62209526#) just to get the MAC address to configure my Airport's access restrictions.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problems with this firmware version of E-70.

btw - to discover the firmware version key in *#0000# and send

Another wierd issue with another open WLAN AP is that it shows NOKIA logo on screen for a few seconds and than a message for a NEW VOICEMAIL pops up. Offcourse there is no voicemail, but it never connects thru that access point.

Any suggestions? Thanks a lot.
Nokia E-70 Firmware ver 1.0610.05.07 30-05-06 RM-10

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same issue as described in the first post. I have E70 and I've tried the new firmware, 2.0 and same problem is still happenning. I have a netgear WGT624 V3. I had issues getting a Nokia 9500 to connect to this AP as well but I eventually got it to work with a static IP. I tried a static on the E70 but no change. The interesting thing is that when I try to connect the E70 to the netgear with a static IP, while the E70 is working it's way towards a failed connection, If I run a constant ping to the E70 static address from another system on the network, It starts responding with widely varied response times during the E70's connection attempt.

When I tried the E70 on a large enterprise network comprised of Cisco AP's, I was able to get a few web pages but then it would disconnect. When watching the signal meter, the signal level keeps jumping all over the place from 50% to 0% even though another system right next to me has a normal, stable 80% signal strength.

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 27, 2018 Views 12,857 Applies to: