How do I hard reset Your Phone App/My Phone Companion?

It seems to be broken.  I have a brand new S10 (Galaxy) and the app works horribly.  What can I do?  It is not broadcasting messages on my windows 10 computer which works fine too.  Its not connecting.  Both my phone and computer are 100% functional and updated.  Why am I having so many problems?

|
Answer
Answer

Just checking here:

In Settings on the desktop app, all the sliders are in the on position, correct?

I also assume you have looked at this:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4459358/windows-10-your-phone-app-help

Particularly in the Troubleshooting section:

I've tried everything, but I'm still stuck. What should I do?

As a last resort (if you’ve tried all of the other troubleshooting options in this article), do the following:

On your Android phone:

1. Go to Settings > Apps (or Apps & Notification on some phones) > Your Phone Companion.
  2. Tap Force Stop.
  3. Tap Storage, then tap Clear Cache and Clear Data.
  4. Re-open the Your Phone Companion app.

On your PC:

1. In your web browser, go to accounts.microsoft.com/devices, and sign in with your Microsoft account.
  2. For every phone listed on the Devices page, select Show details > More actionsUnlink this phone.
  3. In Windows, go to Settings > Phone, and then select Unlink this PC.
  4. Select the Back button to return to Windows Settings Home, and then select Apps.
  5. In the Apps & features section, scroll down and select Your Phone.
  6. Select Advanced options > Reset.
  7. Select the Back button to return to Windows Settings Home, and then select Privacy > Background apps. In the Choose which apps can run in the background section, make sure that Your Phone is turned on.

After you’ve completed these steps, open the Your Phone app on your PC and go through the setup process again. If you still have trouble, try restarting your PC.

19 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 27, 2021 Views 2,786 Applies to: