Are Nokia's maps still download-able for off-line use?

Are Nokia's maps still download-able from Nokia Suite to the phone? Off-line access to Nokia's maps of remote areas (with no mobile masts) has been a great help to me when using the phone's GPS. I have a Nokia E75. But now when I try to download any map, Nokia Suite always reports "Cannot connect to the service." Has Microsoft reduced the access to Nokia's maps?? Or how can I download a map?
|

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You would have to download your chosen region from 00.01.29.100 series and apply manually to device using workaround mentioned in this thread:http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mobiledevices/forum/mdlumia/newest-nokia-ovi-maps-0125114-manual-download/7f0e8253-ea9b-4d64-9005-a7538dca468c

If you could specify what region(s) you require I could probably work them out for you. Map servers still available although map data considerably older for legacy devices.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Aspergerguy

Thanks for the suggestion.

AS WE SPEAK, I'm about to try your suggestion.

It's the map(s) for Australia I need - in fact, by tomorrow noon Copenhagen time, Aug. 13th.

SWW

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Here is link for 00.01.29.100/5 AustraliaOceania.zip (162.3MB) and here is link for ClientIndex AustraliaOceania ClientIndexAustraliaOceania.zip (1.2MB)

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks Aspergerguy!!

I*m almost done.

But Q: When the thread writes as below, what does it mean "to INDEX Australia/Oceania"?

Stephen

I HAVE parked the 5.zip contents under diskcache and the AustraliaOceania.zip under ClientIndex.

Extract contents of file to cities\diskcache (overwrite / replace files if prompted)

IndexAustralia/Oceania (for searching addresses & Points Of Interest offline)

Extract contents of file to cities\diskcache\ClientIndex (create ClientIndex folder if necessary. Overwrite/ replace files if prompted)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I HAVE parked the 5.zip contents under diskcache and the AustraliaOceania.zip under ClientIndex.

Extract contents of file to cities\diskcache (overwrite / replace files if prompted)

IndexAustralia/Oceania (for searching addresses & Points Of Interest offline)

Extract contents of file to cities\diskcache\ClientIndex (create ClientIndex folder if necessary. Overwrite/ replace files if prompted)

As far as I remember that is all you have to do under Windows, although I am essentially Mac user which introduced a further set of problems. Unfortunately I used to be able to cross reference all my previous posts on Nokia Support Discussions of old, but that facility has now gone.

You didn't mention whether you are adding to an existing memory card or starting afresh however.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Ohhh, Mac/Windows. My "machine" is Windows 10-based.

I use the original memory card of my Nokia E75. Earlier today I deleted the original /Cities folder and the qf file in the root.

I really WANT to have the Nokia map for Australia OFF-LINE to work.

STill thanking you for your assistance.

P.S. the town I lived in for about 25 years was almost the same as your alias:

Espergærde, pronounded "espergair". About 30 km north of Copenhagen.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You need to re-open Nokia Maps to re-create necessary folder structure + .qf file before dropping the data into appropriate folders. Good luck!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Guys,

I know the last post is quite old, but maybe I can get an answer.

I was using a Nokia E52 handy some years ago with a Symbian S60 3rd edition OS. Its stock navigation software is Nokia OVI maps 3.03. I was using the Nokia OVI Suite PC app to load offline maps to the phone. The downloaded maps went into the "/cities" folder on the SD card.

As the old Nokia map servers have been shut down for some time, updating the maps is no longer possible. It's even impossible to download maps at all anymore. However, I just wanted to free up some space on the phone and tried to delete some of the country maps. I realized that the downloaded maps cannot be deleted, because this menu is not available in Nokia OVI suite anymore. When I click on this menu, it tries to connect to the map servers and since it's unsuccessful, it hides the option to delete maps and navigation voices. Why should it connect to any server to delete a local offline map? It makes me think that the file/folder structure inside of the /cities folder is not directly contry-based and it requires some online help to identify which countries belong to which file. This could explain why the contry maps cannot be deleted without being online. Is my suspection right at this point? Is there any way to delete some of the countries from my phone?

Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

No, my problem is more special. I have all the maps what I want to have, I just want to delete some countries of them. Not all, just some of them. As the Maps servers have been shut down, the mapping between the countries and the belonging cdt files are no longer available, so I don't know which files to delete when I want to delete i.e. Germany. I am using OVI Maps 3.04, so there is no option in the app for deleteting a specific country from the device itself (this is available only from 3.06). I think I can do the deletion only by OVI Suite or so. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 27, 2021 Views 3,664 Applies to: