Mixer won’t allow me to stream a game.

Every time I try to stream Outer Wilds, a message pops up saying “This game doesn’t allow broadcasting” Help please.

Question Info

Last updated November 12, 2019 Views 4,630 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Broadcast with Mixer on Xbox One
Video: Start broadcasting your game on Mixer with just a few selections in the guide.

Note This video is available in English only.

Mixer broadcasting makes it simple to stream your gameplay—or yourself—and let viewers interact with you in real-time!

Broadcast your gameplay with Mixer

To use Mixer to broadcast a game you’re playing:

1. Launch a game.
  2. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide, and go to the Broadcast & capture tab.
  3. Select Broadcast, and then select Start broadcast.

Note You can only broadcast what you see on your screen when you’re in a game. If you go to your dashboard or switch games, your Mixer broadcast will be paused. See below for more info on how to switch games without interrupting your broadcast!

Broadcast yourself with Mixer

If you have a Kinect sensor or a webcam set up, you can also use Mixer to broadcast yourself live! To broadcast in fullscreen camera mode:

1. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide, and go to the Broadcast & capture tab.
  2. Select Broadcast, and then switch Fullscreen Camerato On.
  3. Select Start broadcast.

Note If you want to switch between games while broadcasting with Mixer, switch to fullscreen camera mode while you’re changing games, and your stream won’t be paused or interrupted!

Customize your Mixer broadcast

To set up your broadcast just the way you want, you can adjust the following features and settings in the Broadcast & capture tab.

Under Broadcast > Set up your broadcast:

• Chat: Toggle to On if you want to see and respond to viewers’ live comments on your broadcast.
  • Microphone: Toggle to On if you want to add your own voice narration to your broadcast via the Kinect sensor or a headset mic.
  • Camera: This feature allows you to add yourself to your gameplay broadcast (or broadcast yourself in fullscreen camera mode) using the Kinect sensor or a webcam plugged into the console’s USB port.
  • Fullscreen camera: Toggle this feature to On to have your camera display full screen while broadcasting. Use this feature if you want to broadcast yourself or if you want to switch between games without pausing your broadcast.
  • Share your controller: Turn this feature On to share your controller with one of your broadcast’s viewers. See Share your controller below for more info on this feature.
  • More options:
    • Change stream title: By default, the title of your broadcast is your gamertag. You can change it to something more descriptive here.
    • Party audio: Turn this on if you want everyone in the party to be heard on the stream.
    • Change camera settings: If you’re using a camera for your broadcast, you can change the position of the camera feed on the screen.
    • Move broadcast overlay: You can adjust the location of the broadcast overlay (which includes broadcast stats and the chat window) to where you’d like it to appear on your screen.
Share your controller

When you enable the Share your controller feature (underBroadcast in the Broadcast & capture tab), one the viewers of your broadcast can share control of your game. Viewers who share your controller can work with you, or can try to trip you up by causing chaos in your gameplay!

If you press the Xbox button  to open the guide (theXbox button  is the only controller function a viewer cannot control), the sharing of your controller will be paused. You can regain full control of your game turning the Share your controller feature off in the Broadcast & capture tab.

Note The Share your controller feature is available to viewers on a first-come, first-served basis. Only one viewer can share your controller at a time.

Co-stream your broadcast

Co-streaming is a feature that lets you and up to 3 friends broadcast your streams simultaneously on a single screen. Viewers of the co-stream can watch, hear, and chat with all 4 players at once.

For more info on how to invite friends to co-stream with you, see Co-stream with friends on Xbox One.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

How to power cycle your console and network hardware:

Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for five minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

Restart your Xbox One console:

Press and hold the Xbox button in the center of your Xbox One controller to open the Power Center.

Select Restart console.

Select Restart.

Note If the console appears to be frozen, press and hold the Xboxbutton on the console for 10 seconds, until the console turns off. After the console shuts down, touch the Xboxbutton on the console again to restart.

After five minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

Sorry this didn't help.

I’m sorry you had to type all of this, but all this provides me with is how to use mixer. This doesn’t help me fix the situation.

13 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

There are a few games out there that don't allow streaming directly from the console. I don't think this is one of them though. Try starting up a different game then close it and launch Outer Wilds and try to start streaming. That can sometimes fix the issue. 
Alpha Xbox Ambassador | Xbox Forum Moderator | Xbox MVP

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same problem and I have played and streamed the last two days just fine. Now all of a sudden "This game doesn't allow broadcasting" 

****? I just want to show my friend how awesome this game is...

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

are you in the Insider program by chance?

Sorry this didn't help.

No I’m not 

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes I am, for 3 years now

Sorry this didn't help.

Did you try what I advised above?

Sorry this didn't help.

I did and as soon as I went to Outer Wilds, the stream would pause and would say it cannot be broadcasted.

Sorry this didn't help.