new program installed

I want this new program that was INSTALLED WITHOUT MY PERMISSION TAKEN REMOVED.

Hi, Joyce. Thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you, and I am here to work with you on this issue.

If you installed the New Edge Chromium manually, here’s how you can remove it:
1. Press Start then search Settings
2. Click Apps then under Apps and Features find Microsoft Edge
3. Click Uninstall

If the New Edge Chromium was installed via windows update, I'm sorry to tell you, but it can't be uninstall it. The official article below states that the new Microsoft Edge does not support the removal of this update.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/455930...

In this case, the you’ll only be able to remove by performing a System Restore on an earlier date before the New Edge got installed.

1. Press Start
2. Search for Create a restore point, and click the top result to open the System Properties.
3. Click the System Restore button.
4. Choose a different restore point. Click the Next button.
5. Select the restore point that you want to use on your computer. You can check the box "Show more restore points"
6. Click Next then Finish

In case you get to the point before Edge was installed, here's how you prevent it from being installed again:

You can set an alternative browser in Windows 10 using the following instructions.

1. Press Win + I (or click the Start menu and select Settings)
2. Click Apps
3. Click Default apps
4. Under Web browser, select the browser currently listed, and then select another browser.

I hope this helps!

Leonardo Mesquita

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

If you are referring to the new Edge, you did provide permission when you agreed to the terms and conditions and installed Windows 10.

I hope this helps and if you need any further assistance please post and we will be glad to assist you.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe." John Muir

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It took over 5Hours and now my computer is WORSE then when they started with it. It cost me time and money and I CAN NOT GET INTO MOST OF MY ACCOUNTS . AND YOUR PHONES ARE NOT OPEN THANKS A HELL OF A LOT FOR ALL THE TIME WASTED. NOW TOMORROW I WILL HAVE TO CALL BACK AND GET MY MONEY BACK AND GET MY COMPUTER FIXED THE CORRECT WAY. I can not get into my accounts no matter what I do. You need to FIX THIS ASAP not funny

'

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry about that, Joyce.

What steps exactly did you take?
Leonardo Mesquita

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Whether you realize it or not this not Microsoft. This community is a Peer to Peer forum of volunteer, like you and I, who try and help each when we can. You want Microsoft to know how upset you are your just going to have to contact them directly during regular business hours.

I hope this helps and if you need any further assistance please post and we will be glad to assist you.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe." John Muir

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 6, 2023 Views 40 Applies to: