How to recover the set aside tabs from the previous Microsoft Edge

Where are my tabs (set aside tabs) that I had kept on the previous Microsoft Edge?

Hello Stephen. This is Wil an independent advisor. I would love to help you with your concern about restoring set aside tabs on Edge. On the upper left part of Microsoft Edge is a button that looks like tabs on top of each other. That is the part where you can restore the tabs that you set aside even if you closed Microsoft Edge. I hope my suggestions help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,
Wilfred P.
Independent Advisor

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Where are my tabs (set aside tabs) that I had kept on the previous Microsoft Edge?

The previous set aside tabs from the so-called "legacy" Edge were not converted to the new Chromium-based Edge

The new Edge doesn't have an exact replacement for this feature... but will have something similar in the near future

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi graye, I just update Microsoft Edge to new Chromium-based Edge. I lost all my group aside tabs from previous Microsoft Edge. How i can recover back to previous Microsoft Edge with all my group aside tabs?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I just update Microsoft Edge to new Chromium-based Edge. I lost all my group aside tabs from previous Microsoft Edge. 

According to this post by a PM on the Edge team, your set-aside tabs should still be there:

The tabs you set aside in the Legacy Microsoft Edge were migrated to the "Other favorites" folder during the first run experience.

Noel Burgess MVP (Ret'd)

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I just update Microsoft Edge to new Chromium-based Edge. I lost all my group aside tabs from previous Microsoft Edge. 

According to this post by a PM on the Edge team, your set-aside tabs should still be there:

The tabs you set aside in the Legacy Microsoft Edge were migrated to the "Other favorites" folder during the first run experience.

Thank u for reply. Unfortunately, I can't see anything in "Other favorites" too. Still looking for a solution... 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Luckily, I found my old Tabs from the previous "legacy" Edge in the "Other favorites" folder.  It worked for me, sorry it might not have worked from some others.

I also vote for bringing back the Tabs Aside feature. 

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately, I lost all my set aside tabs nothing in my Favorites & Other favorites folder. Can I do system restore and back to previous state?

Please advice any solution to recover?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I just update Microsoft Edge to new Chromium-based Edge.

Does this mean that you downloaded the new version from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge?

Or did you suddenly find the new version following a Windows Update?

If it was the former, then you should be able to uninstall it at Windows Settings > Apps. When you do this, the old version should be re-instated. Check whether your set-aside tabs are still there. If they are, try re-installing the new version again.

If it was Windows Update that delivered the new version, you may be out of luck unless someone comes along with a way to retain the old version while installing the new one.

Noel Burgess MVP (Ret'd)

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, I download and install the new version from the download link.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I downloaded the new version some time ago and uninstalled the app and got back the old edge. After I did that, I put in a new set aside tabs and had more on my history. Microsoft wanted me to restart my device and I did today and couldn't find my new set aside tabs and my history hasn't changed since I previously downloaded the new version. Is there a way to uninstall the new version or is there a way to get my stuff back?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 31, 2023 Views 815 Applies to: