Can't delete profile picture on Edge

I deleted my account profile photo so it's not showing under Microsoft account page. However, the profile icon in the upper right corner on Edge still has the picture that I deleted a few weeks ago (see screenshot).

It doesn't happen when I use Google Chrome. I signed out from Edge and tried to sign in again. When I did that, the sign in page listed my account and it also had the deleted picture (see screenshot).

It seems like the photo has been deleted from my account, but Edge still has the photo stored somewhere and I don't know where. I cleared all browsing data including cache from Edge. I even uninstalled Edge and reinstalled it. None of them worked. I just want to change my profile icon back to the default (no picture). How can I do this? Please help.

Answer
Answer

... Edge still has the photo stored somewhere and I don't know where. 

The profile picture for the default profile in Edge is called Edge Profile Picture.png, saved in this folder:

%localappdata%\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\Default\

Close down Edge, then open File Explorer (Windows key + E) and paste the folder path into the address bar there. Locate the file and rename it, move it to a different folder or delete it. Re-launch Edge to check that it's no longer being displayed.

Noel Burgess MVP (Ret'd)

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 7, 2024 Views 3,107 Applies to: