Tracking Prevention blocked access to storage

Question
811 Views | Last updated May 24, 2021

Hello, I've created a browser game https://  sigmally dot com/
But when I play this game via browser I have an alerts
"Tracking Prevention blocked access to storage for https://apis.google.com/js/api:client.js."
How can I solve it? 

Screenshot https://imgur.com/68I8QFy
If it is possible, please tell me if you see the same alerts when visiting the game.

I use
Windows 10
Edge Version 89.0.774.50 (Official Build) (64-bit)

* URL modified to not qualify as a backlink.

|
Hi UnRealm1,
I'm Rodrigo, Independent Advisor and I will help you.
I opened the website and did not see this error, but after changing my tracking prevention configuration to "Strict", it showed to me. It was set to "Balanced" before.
If I helped you anyway, It makes me happy.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Tracking prevention set to Balanced:

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Tracking prevention set to Strict:

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You can find this configuration on Settings > Privacy, search, and services

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi!

Thanks for reaching out about this. From what you've described this sounds like behaviour we'd expect in Balanced mode. The screenshot shows an entity with a domain that has been identified by our third party partner as carrying on tracking activities. This specific domain we would expect to both have restricted storage access by default in Balanced and due to it's category also be able to be unblocked if a user sufficiently engages or uses that organizations domains in a first party context. A bit more about this mechanism can be found here:

Improving Tracking Prevention in Microsoft Edge - Microsoft Edge Blog (windows.com)

If an individual user of your game wasn't a regular user of this organizations services they could choose to adjust their Tracking Prevention mode or if they felt comfortable disable it completely on just your site from the Page Info flyout (by the lock in the address bar).

As a site developer one option would be to try and avoid hard dependencies on third party resources that require storage access from organizations with tracking behaviours. We also know sometimes you still need to access these APIs or it might be tied to a login/account authorization flow. We have also developed the Storage Access API which can be used to both check if this content has access to storage and request access when tied to a user gesture such as clicking a button. However this would likely require the third party to ensure their content is using this API.

Introducing the Storage Access API - Microsoft Edge Blog (windows.com)

Another option that ties into the site-engagement would be to ensure any login flows or places that require access to storage are built around experiences that users can opt out of if they don't want to interact with that organization or let it track them. This may naturally lend itself to the way access is currently granted. Also if everything is functioning fine for you with your game but are just concerned about the warnings then it is okay to ignore those too. The scripts may be trying to opportunistically access storage such as setting tracking cookies or other ids which Edge is protecting against.

Please let me know if that helps or if there's something about your scenario that's still not able to be achieved.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Related Forum