Starting this morning, Edge does not remember logins to any website

Question
7813 Views | Last updated July 6, 2021

Starting this morning, every time I close Edge and reopen it, it doesn't remember any of my login so I have to login every time to every website.

I confirmed my setting is set to NOT clear cookies when I close my browser and it has always been this way.  I have never had this issue until this morning.

A features update was installed this morning and that's when this problem started.  Is there a bug with this update?  I'm running Windows 10 and Edge Version 86.0.622.38.  As you can imagine, it is quite annoying having to login to every time to every website.  

Update-There must be a bug because other people on Reddit are starting to report the same issue.

|
Answer
Answer

Hi folks, 

The original topic of this thread (Microsoft Edge not remembering logins) has been resolved. Make sure you've updated to the latest version of Edge to get the fix! I'm locking this thread as it is becoming difficult to moderate and troubleshoot individual issues, and this thread has turned in to a catch-all for all password issues. 

If you are still seeing issues with Edge not remembering passwords and all other programs are remembering your logins as expected, please start a new thread so we can help you individually. 

If you are seeing system-wide issues with passwords being saved:

• Check your Windows version to confirm if you are on Build 19041.173 or later

• If yes, reference this troubleshooting document Outlook and other apps won't remember password after Windows Updates - Outlook (microsoft.com) Note that this is a workaround until this Windows issue is patched.

-Alex

Alex (she/her)
Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Related Forum