locked out of my Microsoft account

Hi, I am locked out of my Microsoft account- I tried to reset the password, but I am not receiving the email they are supposed to send to verify that it is my email.  How on earth do I get an actual person on the phone?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Travis, my name is Neil, I'm an independent adviser and a Windows 10 & Edge user like you.

Sorry you're experiencing this problem.

Can you tell me, have you filled out the account recovery form? https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17875/...

If you have, you need have have another email address registered on your account (different to the one you're trying to recover) so that they can sen you the reset email.

If you're not receiving this email, please check your other emails spam / junk folder as it is likely going there instead of to your inbox.

Let me know if you need further help.
Neil :)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

So, there's no way to actually talk to a human about this?

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am human Travis.

I am an independent adviser trying to help you.

Have you tried other contact methods?

This is the UK support number (if you're in the UK as I don't know?): 0344 800 2400

Other than that, there's this website too: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/contactus/

If you can let me know what you've tried I might be able to help you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

But we are not talking, we are typing. Just forget it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm sorry you think I can't be of help to you Travis. Have you had no luck with the support numbers?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Did you call a phone number or not? We are just fellow users and aren't going to call you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Travis.

Not sure what "locked out" means?

Every one has their own language.

My Account has been blocked over 20 times since 2013. It is a Pain.

You need another phone or email address to get some kind of info form Microsoft,  "code" maybe.

That is what Puppy typed.

Sometimes there is No way to get anything,

I have called Microsoft Hundreds of times.

I have done "contact us' Hundreds of times.

I was 3 months to get back account 2014.

See A. User. Was  "Solar Eclipse Returns"  He has had 6 names since March 2018.

His Style does not change.

Smug I will post My Problem. Perhaps you can help.

All I can do is Get "Inbox" Automatically. When I Open IE. Since 8-16-20.

Lostintrama

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, 

I am locked out of my own email account for no reason at all! Please help.

First I have to point out to you that your automated security system is rather frustrating and flawed. The only thing I did wrong was that I bought a new laptop and tried to login to my accounts. For the record...the only account I had login issues with was the microsoft account. Consider this customer feedback. 

I signed on my gmail: all good. I try to log to my microsoft email...and I get put in a loop of questions and robotic authorizations...I truly do not understand why I was put into the spam-automated security loop to begin with. Horrible experience. 

As I was trying to navigate through I was asked several questions (that did not make any sense, such as "whether I have other email accounts or skype / xbox accounts"???), and despite the fact that I answered to all of them and managed to even reset my password... I am still could NOT login!!!

I then get given an option to receive a code on an old mobile number (which I cannot change for 30 days) and an alternative email. I selected the secondary email to receive a verification code... but never received anything there. This is really frustrating and no customer should go through it just because they logged into a new device. This is unacceptable. Not only I have given you my personal information and private numbers twice but my account is now also blocked for 30 day?? 

Please HELP ME. THANK you! 

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, 

I am locked out of my own email account for no reason at all! Please help.

First I have to point out to you that your automated security system is rather frustrating and flawed. The only thing I did wrong was that I bought a new laptop and tried to login to my accounts. For the record...the only account I had login issues with was the microsoft account. Consider this customer feedback. 

I signed on my gmail: all good. I try to log to my microsoft email...and I get put in a loop of questions and robotic authorizations...I truly do not understand why I was put into the spam-automated security loop to begin with. Horrible experience. 

As I was trying to navigate through I was asked several questions (that did not make any sense, such as "whether I have other email accounts or skype / xbox accounts"???), and despite the fact that I answered to all of them and managed to even reset my password... I am still could NOT login!!!

I then get given an option to receive a code on an old mobile number (which I cannot change for 30 days) and an alternative email. I selected the secondary email to receive a verification code... but never received anything there. This is really frustrating and no customer should go through it just because they logged into a new device. This is unacceptable. Not only I have given you my personal information and private numbers twice but my account is now also blocked for 30 day?? 

Please HELP ME. THANK you! 

First open a new email account in Outlook.. Then go into your security settings and add your new email replacing the old one. It will let you substitute for your old one. Agree to the 30 day wait period. Make sure you add your serial number of your new device to link it to your email and change your passwords on device and email. Restart your device and sign out of your email, then sign back in. You should be linked together now, email and device with your password. Go back in your email and cancel the new security setting 30 day wait period. I have a Surface 3 that I lost the password to my linked email account. It was a major pain in the "****", but it worked. Hopefully you will have good luck. Kaycee

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 14, 2023 Views 1,344 Applies to: