Your request has been blocked. This may be due to several reasons.

Question
5752 Views | Last updated April 13, 2021
Whenever I try to go to Microsoft.com I get a screen saying this:

Your request has been blocked. This may be due to several reasons.

1. You are using a proxy that is known to send automated requests to Microsoft. Check with your network administrator if there is any proxy and what User-Agent they are sending in the request header.

2. Your request pattern matches an automated process. To eliminate, reduce the volume of requests over a period of time.

3. Reference ID: 18.c752db17.1588725762.fe6a5df

I don't know what to do. I haven't done anything. Is there something wrong with the website? Has something happened to my account?
Answer
Answer
Hello Isaiah,

My Name is Paul one of the Community Advisor and a Microsoft Consumer like you. I do apologize if you are having issues with your Microsoft Edge Browser since you are getting those error when visiting a website.

Did you already tried Isaiah to check if the same error occurs with other browsers like Internet Explorer and Google Chrome for us to Isolate the problem if this is only happening with Microsoft Edge. You may also consider to clear the cache and cookies of your MS EDGE browser and the guide is here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10607/...

We may also consider this as a some sort of a malware. Did you already tried to perform a full scan of your antivirus software? If not kindly run a full scan and here's another free scanner that may help.

Malwarebytes: https://www.malwarebytes.com/mac-download/

Note: Just download the free version and run a full scan and try to uninstall the product the next day to prevent getting advertisement from it in the future.

If you can also attach here the screenshot of the error that you are getting for me to validate that would be a great help to identify the problem.

If in case you have further more questions regarding this concern please let me know and I will reply back as soon as I can.

Regards and stay safe.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Related Forum