Virtual Shield VPN/Microsoft Edge Problem

Question
390 Views | Last updated November 23, 2020

Hi,

I'm currently having an issue with Microsoft Edge not recognizing a network connection when I open the browser.  This problem occurs when I use Virtual Shield VPN after a computer shutdown/restart.  I've had to reinstall Virtual Shield each time this issue has occurred for it to go away only for it not to fix itself.

I've contacted Virtual Shield about this issue and they said that the issue is with the browser itself.  I've confirmed this by trying several different browsers like Chrome, Firefox, and the old Internet Explorer.

The problem I'm having is that I don't want to switch to a different browser, cause I like Microsoft Edge better than Google Chrome or Firefox and IE is outdated for newer websites.  Plus it's getting very tedious to constantly reinstall privacy software that I paid for.

If there is a solution let me know if not then Microsoft needs to address this in the next update.

|

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that Virtual Shield VPN is not working with Microsoft Edge. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know the version of Microsoft Edge that you are using. To check the version, open Microsoft Edge, go to the About section under Settings.

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows logo key + I, to open Settings.

2. Click on Network & Internet and click on Proxy on the left pane.

3. Click on Automatically detect settings.

You can also check whether the WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service is running or not. To check type services.msc in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit Enter.

For additional information, see Troubleshoot connection issues (Windows).

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

My Microsoft Edge version is: 44.18362.449.0

and my Microsoft EdgeHTML is: 18.18362

I checked both of the other settings you mentioned and the Proxy was already set to Automatically Detect Settings and WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service is running.

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I apologize for the delayed response.

I see that you are using an old version of Microsoft Edge. The new Microsoft Edge based on Chromium has been released, you may want to try it once. To download new edge visit: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.