Talk back to Microsoft if Windows Update installed the new Chromium-based version of Edge

Reposted from https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/discussions/april-20-talk-back-to-microsoft-if-we-upgraded-your-browser-with/m-p/1303880/highlight/true#M28772 by ElliotKirk, Senior Software Engineer on the Microsoft Edge team. 

Did you just get an update to Windows 10 that upgraded the Microsoft Edge browser on your computer?  If so, we the engineers at Microsoft would love to talk with you about your experience.  We are especially interested in folks who dismissed the setup experience outright, or who tried to setup the browser but quit before completing the setup.  This is a great chance to tell us exactly what you think we got wrong, or right, and help us make the experience smoother for others.  If you recently got the new Microsoft Edge browser through a Windows 10 update, and want to talk with us, please click on the link below to talk with us directly!

Monday, April 20th 7:30 am – 10:30 am PDT

https://ux.microsoft.com/Talk/EdgeFRE 

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

Microsoft updated my edge 2 days ago and now I am unable to open outlook on my computer

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Videos not playing in new edge browser on my laptop- play in chrome and IE 11 and on my 2 desktops

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Microsoft Software Engineers,

I'm no newb. I have 25 years in I.T. Starting with Windows 3.1 and quickly migrated to Windows 95 when it was released. Then every OS (Server and PC) up the ladder to Windows 10 Pro.  I was certified as an M.C.S.E in NT 4.0 in 1996 and then Windows 2000 Sever in 1997.

I just "Updated" Microsoft Edge to Version 81.0.416.53.
I no longer use the word "Upgraded" when it comes to Microsoft Products because in most cases the newer version is less of a product than the older version.  
With that said! I got use to using the WebPage "Highlighter" function when I started using Microsoft Edge... and lo and behold! I update Microsoft Edge to this new version and the  Webpage "Highlighter" is gone! Do you guys like pissing people off!? 
Obviously some clown decided He/She didn't like it, or use it... so it really didn't have a purpose in their F'up thinking so it was removed right!?
Please respond with a name and a number so I can contact the appropriate person. 

Thank You! 

Stewart Grainger

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The update wiped all my favorites, plus it erased all the files on my desktop and my Microsoft VPN setup :(

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello everybody

If you had an unpleasant experience with the automatic upgrade to Chromium Edge, please use the opportunity on Monday to talk to the engineers responsible for the upgrade process. This will help them improve the mechanism for other users in the future.

If you have problems or questions about the new version (for example, missing favourites, missing highlighting, websites not working) then please use the search box on this page to see whether anyone else has had the same experience and hopefully find a solution. If this doesn't help, use the Ask a question option at the top of the page to start your own thread for your question.

This thread will now be locked so further questions are posted in the right place where other users can try and help.

Noel Burgess | Certified Pedant | Claims to know a bit about Windows Live Mail

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Microsoft Software Engineers, 

This is not the right place to contact Microsoft staff. You have a chance on Monday to speak to someone, but otherwise, please post your question here. You are also encouraged to use the feedback option in Edge (Alt-Shift-i) to submit feedback direct to the Edge product team.

At the top of this thread listing, there is a post headed Top Feedback Summary where you can see the changes and updates planned for future releases. Highlighting figures on that list.

Noel Burgess | Certified Pedant | Claims to know a bit about Windows Live Mail

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated November 2, 2020 Views 454 Applies to:

Related Forums