Starting this morning, Edge does not remember logins to any website

Starting this morning, every time I close Edge and reopen it, it doesn't remember any of my login so I have to login every time to every website.

I confirmed my setting is set to NOT clear cookies when I close my browser and it has always been this way.  I have never had this issue until this morning.

A features update was installed this morning and that's when this problem started.  Is there a bug with this update?  I'm running Windows 10 and Edge Version 86.0.622.38.  As you can imagine, it is quite annoying having to login to every time to every website.  

Update-There must be a bug because other people on Reddit are starting to report the same issue.

Answer
Answer

EDIT 2: Thanks so much to everyone who has reported they are seeing issues again in 86.0.622.61! I've alerted the team of your reports. In the meantime, please submit feedback via Edge's ... menu in the top right > Help and feedback > Send feedback, include diagnostic data and detail what you are seeing. This is the best way to get the team the diagnostic data needed to investigate what is currently happening. Stay tuned!

EDIT: We are currently in the process of rolling out the final fix for this issue. Our Insider channels should already have the fix, but the roll out of Edge 86.0.622.56 to our Stable channel should resolve this. Head to edge://settings/help to verify you are on this version, and then test out turning on clearing Hosted app data again in the edge://settings/clearBrowsingDataOnClose settings. Please let me know if you are still seeing issues after this so that I can let the team know as soon as possible. Thanks again for everyone's patience as we dug into this!

Hey, everyone! I'm the Community Manager for the Edge team. I wanted to hop in and let y'all know that the team is investigating what's going on here. In the meantime, we suggest that you head to edge://settings/clearBrowsingDataOnClose and ensure that Hosted app data is NOT selected, as a temporary workaround. This should ensure that you stay signed into your websites.

I'll reach out with an update once I hear from the team again. We appreciate your patience while we work on getting this resolved. :3

-Missy

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 24, 2020 Views 3,321 Applies to:

Related Forums