Size of non-fullscreen windows in Edge always reverting to unwanted size

Edge windows always reverting to a previous screen size that I want it to forget.  No matter how I re-size the window before I switch to play my game and then switch back, EDGE does not remember the size of the window that hasn't been touched, it just goes back to a size I want it to forget. This also applies when I close down EDGE and reopen all my windows, they open to that unwanted size if they weren't fullscreen when closed. I never use this size and I want it to stop reverting to it.

Here is a video I just uploaded to showcase the situation I'm finding myself in: (8) Edge browser window constantly reverting to the same size - YouTube

In short from the video you can tell I'm following the common advice on this which is to resize without triggering the "snap" feature, but it's still happening.

I would greatly appreciate an answer on this.

Hi, thanks for reaching out to the Community. Let me find someone who can address your question.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello, speckfuture,

My name is Gabriel and I am with the Microsoft Edge Insider Support team.

This issue you are having: Does it only occur when you are coming from that specific game? What is the Screen resolution set for the game versus the screen resolution for Windows?

Gabriel

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 20, 2024 Views 559 Applies to: