Salesforce troubles after update 9 october?

Goodmorning,

I  am working in Salesforce using the Edge browser. Since yesterday I am facing some problems. When I click on an url, a new tab is opening in a visual force page. It looks like the app lay-out is not supported or something like that.

Are more people facing this problem? And what can we do?

Greetings,

Lisanne

Good day Lisanne! I am Independent Advisor Paul R. and also a Microsoft/Windows user like you and I am glad to be able to provide assistance to you today. I understand that you are having an issue with Salesforce using MS Edge.

Kindly check and try the steps below and see how it goes.

Method 1:
- Try a different browser and check if you will have the same issue

Method 2:
- From the browser that you using when you are encountering this issue, try to clear to clear cache and cookies
- From MS Edge, click on the 3 dots and then click on Settings
- From the left side click Privacy, Search and Services and then under Clear browsing data click on Choose what to clear and select All time from the Time range and click Clear Now
- After the process, check if you will have the same issue

Method 3:
- From MS Edge, click on the 3 dots and then click on Settings
- From the left side click Reset Settings and from there click on Restore settings to their default values and then click Reset
- After the process, check if you will have the same issue

If you will still continue to have an issue even after trying a different browser, you can also check this with Salesforce support.

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=0003...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Regards,
Paul R.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Paul,

I tried everything you recommended but without any result. Salesforce is working perfectly in the Google Chrome browser, so it looks like a problem from Microsoft Edge.

I am wondering if it has something to do with the update from 9 october? I am working in the version:  86.0.622.38

It looks like the apps in Salesforce are not longer supported in the latest version of Microsoft Edge 

Greetings,

Lisanne 

Sorry this didn't help.

Good Morning,

Same issue, and noticed it on October 9th as well.  Works fine in Chrome.  Been using MS Edge (which I love BTW) since January with no issues so I suspect some type of update.  Affecting both my systems so not a coincidence.  Will switch back to Chrome until fix found.

Thanks,

Ingo

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem as others have quoted.  Chrome works fine.  Has happened since Edge was updated to 86.0.622.38.  It seems to be linked to the rendering of VisualForce components from what I can see.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Lisanne, this might be related or not to the update and the best way to check it is to cross reference this with Salesforce support or report it to the company that you are working with for this to be reported by them to Salesforce dev or support team and for them to check and test with the version of MS Edge which you or some other users are encountering an issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 20, 2020 Views 108 Applies to:

Related Forums