My toolbar doesn't have the History button; "Show History Button" is missing from Appearance setting

I'm using the latest Version 89.0.774.45 

Hi Han,
I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor here to assist you.

The new History experience is under Controlled feature rollout. Expect it to rollout in a month or so for stable channel.

Hope that helps.
Sumit

Always include PC Specs, Make and Model of the device. Ensure all the latest quality updates have been installed. It may take multiple replies to reach a satisfactory answer.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the same "issue" and yes read somewhere that is a feature under controlled rollout.

Being said that what is madness is that I have two laptops, both with Edge v. 89.0.774.48, both of them logged in with the same profile (Microsoft account sync enabled, nor business or education accounts) and one of them is showing the history button at the toolbar and the other one not, if in the laptop that is not showing the icon at the toolbar I log out my account and reset Edge it starts showing the history button, as soon as I log in with my account the icon disappears.

Again, I understand is a controlled rollout but having to use two laptops with the same Edge version, with sync enabled and in one history is in one place and in the other in another is not helping consistency and user experience in any way.

As a side note, the laptop in which Edge does not show the history button at the toolbar has the new option for Startup Boost available, the laptop in which Edge shows the history button has not Start Up Boost available.

I know that Startup Boost is also under controlled rollout but is weird that Edge has features enabled in one laptop and the other not and viceversa since both are used under the same account, IMHO the controlled rollout should be based on user and not based on machine ID for the sake of consistency.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 6, 2024 Views 728 Applies to: