Microsoft Edge retains the last site visited when closed and opened back up.

Instead of the Edge opening screen, the last site visited opens when the Edge browser is closed and opened back up.

I would like the Edge screen open up, not the last site visited opened when I start the edge browser.

Hello GregLove1,

I'm John an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I'll be happy to assist you today. I understand you have a problem with Edge browser retains the last site visited when closed.

Please try this if it helps.

Open Edge > Click 3 dots > Settings
On the left side, Select On Startup > Make sure "Continue where you left off" is not selected.

Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns.

Sincerely

John DeV
Independent Advisor

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you, but it that was not checked.   It seems like it retains the previous site visited for a few minutes, but acts normal after a few minutes have passed.  Only seems to retain the last viewed page while I'm using Edge.  I can close it and open it and it will retain.  If I close and leave the computer alone for several minutes, it acts normal until I want to close it and re-open it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello GregLove1,

Thank you for updating me that information. I'm sorry it didn't resolve the issue. What is your current settings "On Startup"?

If Edge is set to sync settings across accounts, Check the Edge on another device you use is set to open previous pages. You can try to turn off sync.

You can try to create another local administrator account then check if the issue still persist.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402692...

If none of this works, I would recommend to reset Edge settings to default.

Make sure to backup your favorites first.
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/143983-how-...

Open Edge > Click 3 dots > Settings
On the left side, Select On Reset settings > Restore settings to their default values
Click Reset

Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns.

Sincerely

John DeV
Independent Advisor

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 6, 2024 Views 1,077 Applies to: