i want to get back the old printing dialogue box of microsoft edge.

i was trying to print a pdf via my printer in hp glossy paper. but due to the change in the printing dialogue it was difficult to adjust. the printer gave me black and white pictures that would smudge (the printer settings were directed to print on hp glossy paper (printer preferences setting from the new printing dialogue)).i was comfortable using the older version and the printing dialogue that came with it.

there was a recent update in microsoft edge in 2020 after which i'm not getting the old printing dialogue which suited me the best.

^^^^this is the current printing dialogue which doesn't show the options like "page type", etc.

^^^^

if i could get back this printing dialogue, it'll be really helpful.

^^^

this is the microsoft edge version that i am using.

kindly help me revert back to the previous version or guide me if any other suitable option is available. 

i tried several ways (printer preferences) but i wasn't getting satisfactory results.

Answer
Answer
HI Vaish -

I see you edited your first post to remove asking how to print passport sized photos and then gave my post a bad rating because I answered your original question correctly.
Did you still want my help?

As I said the only way to even possibly get back to the older version of Edge is to See if you can System Restore to a point before the problem began following this guide: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-system-r...

System Restore is your first line of defense if Windows ever malfunctions as it can run even from recovery media to get you back before a problem started. It should always be turned on C drive with plenty of disk space (5-15%) configured. Here's how to check and when necessary how to run System Restore: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-system-r...

Greg Carmack
Senior Moderator

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 8, 2024 Views 1,708 Applies to: