How to have new tab open directly to www.google.com in Edge, Todays date 7-20-20, Microsoft web site states I have latest version of Edge browser.

The date is 7-20-20 and I went to Microsoft web site to download the latest version of Edge today, but the site claims I have the latest version of Microsoft Edge browser.

I have tried multiple times to figure out how to have MS browser Edge, open the new tab page to a site of my choice, specifically www.google.com, without any other actions performed. I have been told to just hit hit home button after opening a new tab, because I made my home button open to Google. That is a cheap work around to an obvious issue.

Please help with this simple request, as it appears Microsoft is blocking its competitor(Google) from being used with Microsofts free browser that comes with its operating system.

Wasnt Microsoft sued and lost for this before, seems like old Bill Gates is at it again.

I'm hoping the greed of Microsoft does not overshadow its ability to be a fair and honest vendor, lol and they will respond with a simple fix.

Here is to hope for Microsoft.

Hi R2BB,
the latest version of edge chromium is 84.0.522.40
to check, click the ellipsis (...) and select settings
select "about Microsoft edge" from the left
Edge will check for updates as the page is opened.

you are right that is a horrible workaround. another alternative is to set the Address bar search to Google and use the address bar for all your searches.

natively, there is little option to customise the new tab page, however, there are extensions in the Microsoft store that will do the job.

this will change the new tab page to Google.
https://microsoftedge.microsoft.com/addons/deta...

this will allow you to set a custom URL for the new tab page
https://microsoftedge.microsoft.com/addons/deta...

I hope that helps, please let me know how you get on.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Explain to me why I would need a ADD ON to do this vs just me setting that page myself forever?

22 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 7, 2024 Views 5,399 Applies to: