How to disable annoying search suggestions.

Hi, I don't know if this is recent or old but every time I search something like "hello" and scroll down to see the websites half my screen just gets covered with random websites and answers to things related to "hello". It does the same thing every time I search and scroll down but just stops when I go to any other page than page 1. Does anyone know what this is and how to disable it?
Answer
Answer
Dear Donanium,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I will be happy to assist you and also, thanks to my colleague Rodrigo Q. who tried to help you out in this regard.

It looks like you have enabled or installed an extension which shows more information about the searched word.
Open M. Edge > Click on the three dots in the upper corner in the right > Extensions > Disable or delete any extension that may cause the issue.

Kindly, try to test Bing with another browser and check if the issue still persists or not.

Also, try to use another search engine with M. Edge and see if the extra information appears or not?

Please check if the Microsoft Edge has the latest update (Version 90.0.818.46) or not.
Open M. Edge > Click on the three dots in the upper corner in the right > Help and Feedback > About Microsoft Edge.

Please keep me updated
Sincerely,

Dyari Barham
Independent Advisor & Microsoft Community Member

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 28, 2024 Views 701 Applies to: