How to change "Search Bing for ......." (right-click search) to other search engine.

hi

I want to ask how to change "Search Bing for ......." (right-click search) to other search engines.

I have change my search on the address bar to other search engines and before the update, (that i dunno when it turns to this) this right-click search will be the same as the address bar setting.

after update, It turn into bing and sidebar search. here is a picture.

I must apologize if the meaning of the sentence is unclear. i did my best to texting in English.

Best regards.

Hi TT. I'm Greg, an Independent Advisor.

Check that the default Search engine wasn't changed to Bing, too:
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-defau...

If it's Google, then change it to something else, restart Edge, then change it back to Google and restart PC. Is Google back on right click context? Are you getting Google search in address bar?

If not reset new Edge in Edge Settings > Reset Settings

You can also try the repairs here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/what-to-do-if-microsoft-edge-isn-t-working-cc0657a6-acd2-cbbd-1528-c0335c71312a https://www.windowscentral.com/five-ways-fix-common-problems-microsoft-edge-chromium

If nothing so far has worked then see here how to edit the right click context menu:
https://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/...
https://www.techspot.com/guides/1670-windows-ri...

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and keep me posted. I will keep working with you until it's resolved.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

It's not currently possible to change the search engine used in the sidebar from Bing. You're welcome to submit feedback via Edge's "…" menu in the top right > Help and feedback > Send feedback (or press Alt-Shift-i) to let the Edge team know you'd like to see additional customization in the sidebar.

Noel Burgess MVP (Ret'd)

13 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't think he means the the sidebar

The Search Web For ... is disappearing and being replaced by the Bing / sidebar option recently.

Earlier this month Edge changed the Right-Click context menu to exclusively present Bing as the search option.. I had the same problem. The Search web for .... disappears and Bing replaces it. Earlier you could delete Bing from all search engines and Search web would reappear and use the default engine (and bing would disappear).

Now it's Bing only again with no remedy. It seems MS is messing with the context menu and trying to force Bing (and now only the sidebar option)

Despite Bing being deleted entirely from my search engines in Edge and Google being the default, my context menu is now exclusively back to Bing (sidebar)

19 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't think he means the the sidebar

I understand. I don't see any mention of Sidebar in either screenshot, so that was an oversight on my part. 

I still see the former options:

Now I'm keen to learn why some users are seeing a new set of options on the context menu.

1. Are you using the latest version of Edge (I currently have 90.0.818.62)?

2. What is your preferred search provider (mine is Google?

3. Do you have News and interests on your taskbar (I don't)?

Noel Burgess MVP (Ret'd)

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

1. I have Edge 90.0.818.66.

2. My preferred search provider is Google. I removed Bing entirely from the list of search providers.

3. I do not have News and Interests on my taskbar.

When I right-click on some text, I only get the option to search using the Bing sidebar:

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, I have the same issue, I also deleted bing and reset settings, contextual right clic search xxxx in bing...

Edge: 90.0.818.66

Windows: Version 10.0.19043 Build 19043

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

3. I do not have News and Interests on my taskbar.

Thanks. I'm sorry that that seems to have been a red herring. I now have News and interests but I'm still not seeing the fault you and some others are experiencing. 

I hope you (and others reading this) have submitted feedback so the devs have a greater chance of pinpointing the cause.

Noel Burgess MVP (Ret'd)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am facing the same issue! I just do not want bing on the side search! This is making me leave Edge.

22 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

it is an violation of EU´s politic on monopoles. microsoft know that, but microsoft wants to miss use their position on pc operation systems. that they dont care about the small fines EU gives these mastordonts.

somehow.. everytime microsoft gets their fingers on something, they do everything they can to break them. make them useless.

other big software companies makes things work better. not microsoft.

it is like the mac os, that did not need much work from people to get to work, where microsoft. ( google as well ) wants people to press realy a lot off buttons to try to make things work.

before we just right click on some txt, and our preffered search engine was used. but lol. microsoft dont want us to use our pc as we realy want. they intensionaly remove the easy way it always have been.

google.. to cookie accept.. press Tons of buttons. when in reality ot could have been 3 buttons. " only nessesary , " some more " and " accept everything we trow at you. it is even worse if you are not logged into the browser.

that makes me wonder: is this the usa way of thinking, to make things difficult when your computer could do the things much easyer. mac could. microsoft almost got there, but now moveing away from it again. google .. no words exists for their way of thinking. other that beeing the biggest spy on internet. combined with microsoft / apple and android. . even once had a president that missused his power to spy even more than before by stealing the 5g technologi from china. so apple could spy oven more. that is the biggest laugh in the world. microsoft is also a big laugh , when they do this things against people. makeing everything difficult. so people have to depend on third parity software. like new tab, home button , right click to search. things that seems are way to difficult for microsoft to figure out.

we have to find another browser than edge. it can not be correct, we have to acceps this nonesence. yes it realy is nonesence. all the answers from microsoft telling microsoft can not figure out a correct solution. they are laughing at us . all

browser extensions that makes your browsing wounarable. l

41 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 9, 2024 Views 10,694 Applies to: