How do I remove Microsoft Edge From Windows 10?

I've poked around and all threads on this question seem to have been locked. I'm not sure why we're forced to have edge installed if we don't want it. Can someone please provide exact instructions on how to remove Edge?
Answer
Answer

Hey there, everyone

Microsoft Edge cannot be uninstalled from Windows. This is because the browser is built into Windows - but gets updates separately from the Windows Update client. 

No matter which command you decide to run in PowerShell, this will not work. You can, of course, use an alternative browser. To do this, please download and install a browser of your choice though the Microsoft Store, or though the web browser. 

Once you launch the other web browser, such as Chrome, it will ask you if you want to make that browser a default browser. Once you select this, everything should open in Chrome, and not Edge. 

For those who are saying that Microsoft is forcing you to use Edge. You can use a different browser instead of Edge. Just like, if you were using an iPhone, you can install another browser instead of the built-in browser called Safari. Android systems have a built-in browser too, which cannot be uninstalled, but you are able to use a different browser too. 

Is this something new? No, browsers have always been built into the OS. Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 have Internet Explorer which is built into the OS. Windows 8, 8.1, 10 also have Edge built in too. 

As nothing more can be added to this thread, I am going to go ahead and lock the thread. If you would like to leave feedback about Microsoft Edge. You can do so via the Feedback Icon within the browser next to your Avatar (Profile Picture). 

Regards, 

Volunteer Moderator | Xbox Ambassador | Article Author | Windows & Xbox Insider

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 19, 2021 Views 29,835 Applies to:

Related Forums