how do I get rid of "search with bing" from the mini menu in MS edge

How do I get rid of this?

I don't mind the mini menu, it has become darn helpful, but the NEW ADDITION of "search with bing" is synonymous with the garbage Win 11 and changing the base menu...and screwing it up for its INTENDED USE and making it HARDER TO USE it for the INTENDED USE. How do I get rid of the "search with bing" like the previous versions that DIDN'T HAVE "search with bing" BS? I'll be honest, the mini menu has made my day and pulled me from FireFox...but there are other things in FireFox that are also good detractors...and if I can't fix this, I'm going back to FireFox.

Seems that unfortunately no possibility exists to remove the search with bing from the mini menu...

> “Search with Bing” is Now Default Action in Edge Mini Menu on Text Selection – AskVG

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the same query, I'm starting to get frustrated with ms breaking down features in its browser to force the use of its search engine

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I like your link...except you have alienated the Win11 users who now have to do 3 clicks instead of two....Hopefully someone is working on either a registry find, or MS decides to give an on / off control (won't hold my breath, but have given my feedback from the feedback section in the MS Edge menu).

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

1. I like your link...

2. except you have alienated the Win11 users who now have to do 3 clicks instead of two....

3. Hopefully someone is working on either a registry find, or MS decides to give an on / off control (won't hold my breath, but have given my feedback from the feedback section in the MS Edge menu).

-

1. Glad to hear that you like the link I supplied.

2. I didn't alienate anybody. I'm not working for MS. I just supplied an informational link to an article which I have not written.

3. Good to hear that you provided feedback to MS.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 15, 2024 Views 1,184 Applies to: